Jessika has been involved with animal rights advocacy for several years. With a background in biology, she has recently switched her career path in wildlife conservation to join forces with others working for the plight of farmed animals. Her main interest lies in the globalization of intensive animal agriculture and her experience spans the U.S., India, and Nepal, where she did work with Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organizations and Street Dog Care. She has a Bachelorís degree in Biology and is currently working on her Master in Public Administration specializing in Nonprofit Management at Portland State University. She shares her home with a much-loved, 3-legged dog.
Blog posts by Jessika Ava:
- 05/17/13 Meat prices continue to rise
- 05/07/13 Meat and the Avian Flu
- 03/18/13 More Meat, More Dairy, More Egg--More Antibiotics
- 02/28/13 Biogas brings benefits - but also questions
- 02/20/13 Delhi Sustainable Development Summit Overlooks Animal Agriculture
- 01/30/13 Shrimp Factory Farms in India
- 01/25/13 India's Vegetarian Crossroad
- 11/13/12 China's Meat-y Present...and the Global Future?
- 10/31/12 Ethanol Contributes to Food Price Spikes - But So Does Meat
- 10/12/12 The Texting Dairy Cow
- 09/28/12 Could Lab-Grown Leather Mean a Decline in Dairy?
- 07/17/12 China's Loss of the Traditional Dairy Farmer
- 06/12/12 Dairy Farms Responsible for City Smog
- 06/01/12 Throw it in the Rubbish
- 04/13/12 Unspoken Cultural Costs to India’s First Mega-Dairy: Part II
- 04/11/12 Unspoken Cultural Costs to India’s First Mega-Dairy: Part I
- 03/09/12 Ag-Gags: Where’s the Transparency?